Monday, November 12, 2012
FastFit Recipe Of The Week: Spinach Manicotti
10 uncooked manicotti shells
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 large tomato, chopped
1 teaspoon dried basil
2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup reduced calorie egg substitute
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained of all liquid
1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
1. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Cook and drain manicotti shells according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and allow shells to cool slightly.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix tomato sauce, tomatoes and basil. (You can also use prepared or homemade marinara sauce).
4. Spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce evenly in the baking dish and set the remaining sauce aside. Mix remaining ingredients except mozzarella cheese.
5. Fill manicotti shells with roughly 3 tablespoons ricotta/spinach mixture and place in baking dish.
6. Pour remaining tomato sauce over shells and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
7. Cover and bake 15-20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15-20 minutes.
Makes 5 Servings
Serving Size: 2 stuffed manicotti and sauce
Total Calories: 357
P.S. If you like this recipe join my Facebook page for other tasty dishes: