DON'T FUMBLE DURING THE BIG GAME!
So you've got this winning streak of healthy eating going since the start of the new year and you don't want to blow it over one football game right?
But now you find out that your hosting this year's Super Bowl party! What to do?!? Well here's some healthy options to keep the party going AND your winning streak:
BAKED CHICKEN WINGS
Bake your hot wings instead of deep-frying and top with hot sauce. Serve with some low-fat/low-cal ranch dip ( check out my recipe for one here )
BAKED PITA CHIPS & HUMMUS DIP
- 12 pita bread pockets
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried chervil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut pita bread into 8 triangles and place on a cookie sheet.
- Combine the oil, pepper, salt, basil and chervil and brush onto the pita triangles.
- Bake for 7 minutes, or until lightly browned and crispy. (They tend to burn easily!)
- Serve with Hummus Dip (I prefer the Spicy 3-Pepper Hummus)
Throw in some roma tomatoes, some fiber-rich black beans, and make it as spicy as you like!
POPCHIPS & 100% ALL-NATURAL SALSA
Named the healthiest chip in 2009, Popchips are an
all-natural chip that is neither fried or baked, but "popped". Dip in an all-natural salsa for a great snack.
Other ideas to consider is a fruit or veggie tray
Have a happy & healthy Super Sunday!