The best way to do this continues to be through Cardio Intervals. Study after study continues to reveal how interval training burns more calories and fat after the workout is completed, and that's something your just not going to get from lower intensity cardio workouts.
Here's a basic protocol for cardio training that you can use with just about any activity you can think of. This is one that I use with my clients. If they can run I'll have them perform this outside, or if it's too hot we'll do this indoors on a treadmill or elliptical.
You can use this workout 3-5 times per week to really blast the fat!
Start with this beginner protocol:
- Warm-up for 5-minutes.
- Work for 30 seconds at an 8/10 level of intensity.
- Follow that with “active rest” for 90 seconds at a 3/10 level of intensity.
- Repeat for 3-8 intervals.
- Finish with 15 minutes of traditional cardio for “transition” and cool-down.
As you become accustomed to intervals, progress to the experienced protocol:
- Warm-up for 5-10 minutes.
- Work at a 9/10 level of intensity for 30 seconds.
- Follow that with “active rest” for 60 seconds at a 3/10 level of intensity.
- Repeat for 4-10 intervals.
- Finish with 5 minutes of low intensity exercise for a cool-down.
FastFit Training & Fitness