Day#1, Tip#1: Drink Water To Look Better Naked!
Be a Hydration Specialist
Oh yea, for those of you who do not care about your health know this: A DEHYDRATED ORGANISM CANNOT LOSE UNWANTED BODY FAT! Your body is only interested in survival and in maintaining homeostasis. As soon as your body senses that it is dehydrated it will go into survival mode and then your body will have no interest in burning body fat.
So, in order to maximize fat loss and get your physique rockin' you need to trick your body into thinking “everything is okay” so that it can effectively burn fat without ever going into survival mode.
Below is a brief summary of key benefits of being a hydration specialist:
– Water is the most vital component of sound nutrition
– A dehydrated organism cannot effectively lose body fat
– Water is needed to flush toxins and fat out of our bodies
– Adequate water intake increase metabolism, performance, and energy levels
The Expert’s Suggestions:
– Always be prepared: Carry a full water bottle around with you and sip on it all day long
The Water Bottle Mantra
“This is my water bottle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My water bottle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my water bottle is useless. Without my water bottle, I am useless.”
DRINK AT LEAST 8-16 OZ (1-2 CUPS) OF WATER FOR EVERY 1-2 WAKING HOURS AND ELIMINATE ALL CALORIE-CONTAINING* AND ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
*Besides your approved workout drinks and meal replacement shakes
1.) Drink Immediately Upon Waking to Boost Metabolism and to Keep Your Heart Ticking
– You have just spent the whole night sleeping (ideally 7-8 hours) so you are going to wake up extremely dehydrated. It is critical to hydrate as soon as you roll out of bed so that you rev up your metabolic engine and start your day off on the right note.
– Save Your Heart: Researchers at Loma Linda University found that men who drank five 8-ounce glasses of water a day were 54% less likely to suffer from fatal heart attacks than those men who drank two 8-ounce glasses or fewer. By drinking 16 oz of water first thing in the morning you are already out-drinking some of these numbskulls!
– Drink at least 16 oz (2 cups) of CHILLED water
2.) Drink Before Meals to Prevent Overeating AND Between Meals to Stay Full
– Before Meals: Drinking at least 8-16 oz of water before each meal will help prevent overeating because water competes with food for space in the stomach. Thus the more water you drink, the less EXTRA food you will eat. This regulation of caloric intake makes drinking enough water an essential component in optimizing fat loss.
– Between Meals: Drinking at least 8-16 oz of water between each meal will help keep you full all day long. Most of us confuse hunger for dehydration, particularly during the cold, dry winter season. Staying hydrated between feedings will keep your energy levels high and prevent those usual hunger pangs that lead you to the twinkie machine at work or school!
– Drink at least 8-16 oz (1-2 cups) of water
3.) Drink During Activity to Boost Performance and Muscle Growth
– In addition, German researchers recently discovered that there is a higher rate of protein synthesis (muscle growth) in well-hydrated muscle cells.
– Adequate water intake is also critical to minimizing the aging process as it helps prevent the drying up of connective tissues surrounding our muscles and joints. This means less nagging aches and pains both now and down the road!
– Drink at least 8-16 oz (1-2 cups) of CHILLED water for every 15 minutes of activity*
*NOTE: Mineral imbalances may occur during exercise that produces large losses of sweat (particularly in hot environments). That’s why it’s best to consume a workout drink containing protein and/or carbs and minerals
FastFit Training & Fitness